Profile Photo

Vintage Seattle and Puget Sound

Members

A few group rules

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Author
      Keymaster

I know there are many other, active, groups about retro Seattle out there, yet I wanted to start one more as I often come across photos, videos, etc as I’m working on this website and also just in general — some items in my own collection! I wanted a place to post and share things here without having to write a post on each and every item (though I might on some!)

Here are some general guidelines for the group:

• As always, let’s keep it nice. Flaming and rudeness will not be tolerated.
      • This is a vintage Seattle and Puget Sound area group…OK, we might be able to extend that to Western WA. It’s OK to talk about your memories of camping in the Olympic Peninsula, for instance…but let’s try to stay on subjects of this general area of the state. If you want to discuss retro Portland, I’d be ecstatic if you’d start another group here.
      • The group has both this forum as well as a homepage where you can post activities. This forum page is best if you want an ongoing discussion about your memories. The activity page is best if you want to add a poll, post a photo or a video.
      • There’s also an “our maps” page. This links to routes posted in the routes area of this website…so if you want to post a walking route, for instance, that features a “retro Seattle” theme and link it to this group, you may do so.
      • You can also add an event to this group, you may notice. You can do that either if you know of an event that is about retro Seattle or if this group grows and actually plans to ever host a get-together.
      • This is a public group, so anyone can join and you can invite others to the group. It also means what you post to the group may be shared outside the group. However, people who spam the group with off-topic links, or troll the group, etc can be removed.
      • On the front of the group “card” or in the email settings within the group you can change your  preferences. By default, this group is set up to send a daily digest of new activity to members.
      • There’s also a subscribe button for browser notifications both on the group card and in the group.
Topic tags

The topic ‘A few group rules’ is closed to new replies.

Description
Share photos, memories, memorabilia about old(er) times in Seattle and the greater Puget Sound area.

Group Administrator(s)

Profile Photo
Cheryl
@cheryl

Recent Group media

Subscribe by Email

Want to keep up with our crunchy granola-like mixture of variable content? Subscribe here, and we'll send you a weekly digest of new stuff from our site, a monthly newsletter of upcoming events from our calendar, and occasional multi-content newsletters.
If you'd like to subscribe to other, specific, content areas, you can do that here.
You can unsubscribe at any time you wish from a link in the footer of email newsletters that we send.
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00

Manage push notifications

notification icon
Opt in to get browser notifications for new posts or for member notifications.
notification icon
Please wait...processing
notification icon
Opt in to get browser notifications for new posts or for member notifications.
notification icon
Please wait...processing