Profile Photo

Vintage Seattle and Puget Sound

Members

Introductions

This topic contains 1 voice and has 0 replies.
1 voice
0 replies
  • Author
      Keymaster

Welcome to the group!

If you’ve joined the group, consider introducing yourself here and let us know a bit about your connection to this area — and maybe add an initial memory or two about old(er) days in Seattle.

I’ll start. I was born and grew up in Seattle. For me, that means a childhood in the 1970s. I currently live in Kitsap County, but am still in Seattle frequently enough and lived there continually until I was about 32 years old.

And my parents were older when they had me. My father was born in “Lake Burien” and my grandmother was one of the Norwegians in old Ballard. He recalled taking the streetcar to Greenwood Optical and he recalled streams running through Ballard, among other things which I am still trying to look up now that he is gone.

A couple of my own memories? The kids in my area were mostly “free range children,” and I remember spending the Summers running around barefoot, going to Greenlake. I also fondly recall plenty of times a Pizza and Pipes, among many other things.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description
Share photos, memories, memorabilia about old(er) times in Seattle and the greater Puget Sound area.

Group Administrator(s)

Profile Photo
Cheryl
@cheryl

Recent Group media

Subscribe by Email

Want to keep up with our crunchy granola-like mixture of variable content? Subscribe here, and we'll send you a weekly digest of new stuff from our site, a monthly newsletter of upcoming events from our calendar, and occasional multi-content newsletters.
If you'd like to subscribe to other, specific, content areas, you can do that here.
You can unsubscribe at any time you wish from a link in the footer of email newsletters that we send.
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00

Manage push notifications

notification icon
Opt in to get browser notifications for new posts or for member notifications.
notification icon
Please wait...processing
notification icon
Opt in to get browser notifications for new posts or for member notifications.
notification icon
Please wait...processing