Profile Photo

Photography – General Topics

Members

Introductions

1 voice
1 reply
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hello and thanks for joining this group. When you join, how about introducing yourself, briefly, and tell us something about your photography?

Keymaster

So, I’ll start…very briefly.

I’m Cheryl the moderator of this group (and this site).

My first “real” camera was a Canon AE1 program I got for my 16th birthday. I took photography in high school where we developed black and white.

But when my kids were growing up, I mostly had point and shoot film cameras.

Now that I’m no longer working as an Occupational Therapist, I have more time to get out there and devote to photography AND I have better equipment than I used to.

What I enjoy most about photography is taking photos of challenging subjects of birds and animals. I love landscapes and aspire to night photography, though those subjects test my patience more, I’m intrigued by macro photography. And I love snapping photos at local events.

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description
This group is for general discussion of photography. Members can post to activity or discuss in forums. We also use this forum to post photography-specific new posts, so it can be used for subscribing to new content — though be aware that you will also get notified of activity such as forum and activity posts from group members which may not always be moderated in advance. The default email frequency for this group is a daily digest, but you can change that in the email settings for the group, if you’d like. The Subscribe button near the group header will subscribe you to browser when someone posts something to the group. That is available web-only, not on iOS.

Group Administrator(s)

Profile Photo
Cheryl
@cheryl

Recent Group media

Subscribe by Email

Want to keep up with our crunchy granola-like mixture of variable content? Subscribe here, and we'll send you a weekly digest of new stuff from our site, a monthly newsletter of upcoming events from our calendar, and occasional multi-content newsletters.
If you'd like to subscribe to other, specific, content areas, you can do that here.
You can unsubscribe at any time you wish from a link in the footer of email newsletters that we send.
Item added to cart.
0 items - $0.00

Manage push notifications

notification icon
Opt in to get browser notifications for new posts or for member notifications.
notification icon
Please wait...processing
notification icon
Opt in to get browser notifications for new posts or for member notifications.
notification icon
Please wait...processing