Interested in writing a post on Pacific Northwest & Beyond? Here's where to add it. Use the form below to submit your post (you must be logged in) or skip ahead to read our guidelines.
Please make sure that you've added your name, a bio, your website URL, and any social links you wish to show in your author bio on you user profile page.
Our Writers’ Guidelines
Thanks for considering writing a post on our website. Please read on before submitting your post so that you understand what types of content we accept.
What types of content does Pacific Northwest and Beyond accept?
Pacific Northwest and Beyond is a website that publishes content about travel and the Pacific Northwest United States.
We cover the following subjects:
- Travel tips
- Travel destinations
- Travel stories
- Pacific Northwest content: posts about PNW places, events, and activities
- Seattle vintage memories (you can submit a post for that here as well!)
- Travel related quotes (with commentary)
- Posts about the outdoors and outdoor activities.
What won’t you accept?
While the primary author of this blog reserves the right to go off-topic once in a while, please keep in mind the above topics. Do not send us posts or inquiries about post regarding digital marketing, SEO, etc. We do have another blog where we accept those topics, but this is an adventure-travel-PNW-outdoorsy blog.
In addition, we do not accept:
- Posts that are simply a collection of links or promotions.
- Your affiliate links. We do use our own affiliate links on our site but are wary of including links for others’ affiliate accounts. We think that if you’re writing a guest post that links to products you’re better off either doing so directly or linking back to a corresponding post on your own site. Affiliate links in your post submission will be removed and we reserve the right to add our own affiliate links if appropriate. This applies to guest posts — sponsored posts will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- We do not accept:
- Porn, or links to porn.
- Posts that promote or link to online gambling.
- Content with speech that incites hate (i.e. posts with bigotry, racial epithets, etc.)
- Posts that are not written in good English. While we will do a bit of editing, we don’t want to rewrite your post.
- Posts that we think might be phishing, scam, or dubious in some way. This includes things like sites offering to help speed up your passport or its renewal, as this is often an avenue for fraud and we prefer not to take the time to verify each one of these submissions we receive.
- Posts that you don’t have the authority to publish. By submitting a post to us, you acknowledge yourself as the author of the post and with the rights to post it. This means that you haven’t sold the rights to it somewhere previously and that you haven’t cut and pasted it from somewhere else. We do run prospective posts through a plagiarism check. And we prefer posts that are original and not reposts from somewhere else, though we may consider reposting from time to time depending on the content.
We recommend Grammarly as a good tool for self-checking your spelling and grammar before you submit.
What Do I Get For My Guest Post?
Currently, we don’t have the budget to pay for guest posts. We cannot pay you for your content when you write for us. It’s our goal to eventually be able to pay for well-written and informative articles, but currently, it’s not a possibility.
However, what we can give you when you write for us, is author credit.
That is, you’ll have an author box on your post, if you want, with a link to your website and social media. However, your links must be genuine and non-spammy links.
You also get the satisfaction of seeing your guest post published on our site.
Do You Accept Sponsored Posts?
We consider including or writing sponsored posts for this site. However, links in paid sponsored posts will reflect the rel=sponsored tag. We do not “dofollow” paid sponsored links.
Our rates for writing or publishing sponsored posts vary with the type and amount of content; for now please contact us with inquiries.
For sponsored posts, I reserve the right to edit headlines, grammar, etc. the same as I do with regular guest posts. If what you are requesting is a product review, I may be happy to try your product if it’s relevant to this website. However, product reviews will always reflect what I actually think of a product.
How Do I Submit My Post?
Please log in and use the form on this page to submit your post. Please do NOT email us inquiries about guest posts asking us if you would like to see your article about digital marketing (which clearly shows you have not read this), or giving us a list of ten topics from which we are to choose.
You don’t need to fill out everything on the form. We will likely, for instance, add or edit your tags, so don’t worry too much about them.
How Will I Know if and When My Guest Post is Accepted?
When you submitted your post, if you checked the button to get automated notifications, our system will automatically email you when we update your post’s status. You’ll get notifications as it moves from Submitted to Pending to Draft and then to Published status. If we move your post to Pending, it’s a sign that we’ve accepted it and have put it into our “to be edited” stack. If you haven’t heard anything from us in two weeks, please contact us. Perhaps our notification got sent to our spam folder and we missed your post.
We’ll email you directly if we have additional questions before scheduling your post.
We recently changed our posting form, so this is a bit “beta” at the moment. We no longer offer a list of your posts and frontend editing of already submitted posts, but may bring this back in the near future. If you want to view your published posts, you can always do that from your user profile.
Again, thank you for your consideration!
If you have any questions, I encourage you to post them in our FAQ forum.