These are some general terms and conditions you’re agreeing to if you participate in this website.
Shop Terms and Conditions
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Google, and Apple Pay. These are processed by Stripe. We also accept PayPal and Venmo payments, which are processed via PayPal.
We do not accept personal checks or e-checks. Payment must be received before we ship an item. For downloadable items, you can download the item from your account right away once the payment has gone through.
Please refer to our shipping page for shipping methods and estimated delivery times.
Shipping is calculated in the cart based on your location and the weight of the item.
Currently, we are offering free shipping on orders over $35 to Washington State residents and orders over $100 to the rest of the continental US.
Refunds and Returns
We accept returns on most physical goods. If we offer downloadable items, we do not accept returns on those. Please refer to our refunds and returns page for information about our returns and refunds policy and how to start a return.
Registration Terms and Conditions
We allow user registration on our website for the purposes of being able to submit and edit events, submit guest posts, and track and respond to comments.
However, with great power comes great responsibility. By registering on this website you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Participating on this website by adding information to your profile, participating in comments, or adding events or guest posts means that you are divulging some personal information. You can control levels of privacy for your user profile on your account page.
- You will not spam the admin of this website with irrelevant posts. We encourage post submission on topics relevant to this website, but they need to follow our writers’ guidelines.
- You will not abuse the system by sending unwanted messages to other members if we ever re-implement messaging features.
- You will refrain from hateful speech (or, rather, writing, in this case), name-calling, flaming, trolling, or otherwise bothersome behavior.
- The admin and any potential moderators on this website reserve the right to take down any content posted at any time.
- You can delete your user account whenever you want in your account.
Members who engage in abusive behavior may be warned initially but may be banned entirely depending on the behavior. Let’s keep this a nice place for everyone.
Post Submission Terms and Conditions
We encourage the submission of guest posts IF they fit in with the content of our website and we feel they might be of value to some of our readers.
If you’re submitting a guest post, you acknowledge and agree that:
- No payment will be exchanged either way for your post unless it’s agreed upon in advance. Currently, we are not paying for guest content nor are we accepting sponsored posts.
- We can decline to publish any post for any reason.
- The authors of this site determine whether links will be “nofollow” or “dofollow” and make that determination on a case-by-case basis. We make no promises or advance agreements as to the status of links in a guest post.
- We can remove a post at will.
- You agree that you’ll follow up on comments on your post.
- The authors of this website may edit the post without prior consent as long as it’s in a manner that doesn’t change the meaning of the content. However, please don’t submit posts that require heavy editing. It may be a reason we decline your post.
- You may edit your user profile with a bio. We prefer you do so. It will show up on your post and you can add a link to your website on your user profile.
- We use contextual ads and they will show up alongside your post. We have extremely limited control over which ads show on which posts.
Use of Photos from this Website
As we’ve taken photos of local events and places, we sometimes get asked about using photos from our website.
For the most part, the photos we use on this site are ones that we’ve taken ourselves. However, we do use photos from stock photography services or free photo sites like Pexels for some of our background images, covers, etc. We’ve also had some guest authors who have used photos from some sites like Flickr under a creative commons license.
And we also have some better images that we plan to (umm…eventually) process, and list for sale either as prints, on merch, or for downloads.
So, here’s the skinny on which images you may use from this website:
- If you see a photo in a post that you’d like to use and it’s cited with attribution under a creative commons license you may use it providing you use the same citation info on your website.
- You may NOT use images that are cited as being from UW collections, MOHAI, etc. For those images, we’ve received permission to use them and you would need to contact the source yourself to arrange your own permission.
- If there is a post by Cheryl that includes a gallery and the gallery is NOT right-click protected, you may use the image for non-commercial use providing you cite it with a link back to this website (preferably the page you found the image).
- If there is a gallery with images for sale, that is right-click protected, abide by the terms of that gallery. You might find that there is a small image size that’s available for download for free — or not. Please do not take a screenshot of the image and use it! For free images we ask for a citation back. For paid downloads we do not ask for a citation, of course.