0,00 USD

No products in the cart.

0,00 USD

No products in the cart.

Community Discussion and Frequently Asked Questions

If you have a question, you can ask it here in one of the FAQ forums. Or, if you'd like us to add a forum here, leave it in the "suggestion box" forum below.

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TWO "Immersive" Van Gogh Experiences are Coming to Puget Sound in 2021?

cheryl
Member Admin
Topic starter  
wpf-cross-image

I went to list the Van Gogh Exhibit coming to Seattle this Winter. I discovered TWO traveling Van Gogh "Immersive Experiences" competing for your edutainment dollar this holiday season.

This aroused my curiosity. What was the difference? Both appeared to feature the artist's work displayed on huge warehouse-sized screens. And fortunately, both looked like they have setups that would allow for social distancing if timed right.

Both shows are among several existing immersive traveling Van Gogh shows. Looking up reviews from other places the shows have visited, I found several that were NOT the two shows coming to our area.

The Two Van Gogh Immersive Exhibits:

Here's what I found:

Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience

Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience (click here to view it on our events calendar) so far hasn't disclosed its Seattle location.

Both exhibits feature huge screens. One can assume it will be in stadium or warehouse location and speculate from there.

The production offers standard, VIP tickets, and a VR add-on. Get in and sit in deck chairs to watch the art. Reviews I've read are mixed regarding the upgrades. Some reviewers felt that the VIP add-on wasn't worth it, but the VR add-on was.

The exhibit is presented in a loop, so you might find that you need to come into it in the middle or end. However, have patience and it will re-start and loop back around.

Have you visited Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience? Leave a comment and let us know what you thought.

Imagine Van Gogh

Imagine Van Gogh (click here to view it on our events calendar) will be at the Tacoma Armory. Like Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience, the exhibit features large screens projected with Van Gogh's work, combined with classical music for a relaxing experience. Deck chair loungers, however, will be disappointed.

Imagine also does not offer a VR component. From what I've read in reviews, it contains a room to put the artist's life into context for those who don't already know his life story followed by one large space featuring the projected artwork.

Have you visited Imagine Van Gogh somewhere? Let us know what you thought!

Should I go?

I've been fortunate to have been able to see some of Van Gogh's original art. His paintings are relatively small in size. Was his art intended for gigantic proportions? What would Vincent think?

If you're going to buy tickets, you should do so quickly as they're selling out fast. I'll likely pick "Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience." And, like their location, I don't want to disclose my reason (deck chairs!) I'm imagining myself lounging around engulfed by Starry Night.

If you do buy tickets, know that tickets are non-refundable for both shows.

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by cheryl

ReplyQuote
Share:
Share via
Share this
Send this to a friend